Below is my recipe, but feel free to follow the link to the original.
yield: 8 servings prep time: 30 minutes total time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan/walnuts
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate bar with almonds, chopped
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a different bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix at low speed until combined. While at low speed, add the flour mixture in three batches, mixing just until the dough comes together.
- Scrape dough into fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides (I did not go up the sides but wish I had). Parbake for 15 minutes until crust is lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, place butter, honey, sugar, and brown sugar over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil. Continue to boil the mixture for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pecan halves. (I toasted my pecans for more flavor). Stir in cream. Pour caramel mixture into crust and bake for 15 minutes. Cool tart on wire rack for an hour.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream and sugar. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over the top of the tart and spread it out.
original recipe from: Pastry Chef's baking