Again, because those were the ingredients I had available.
I wanted to add a little crunch to the cookies (peanuts), but since I was out, I did add roasted, chopped almonds, and it turned out great.
The recipe is incredibly easy from betty Crocker, and rest assured, it is delicious!
Yield: 30 cookies Prep time: 25 min total time: 2 1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup roasted, chopped almonds
- Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm (I only refrigerated them for about 40 mins. and they were great)
- Heat oven to 375⁰
- Shape dough into 1 1/4" balls. Place about 3" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
recipe curtsey of betty Crocker